News: Feb 16, 2012 THE WAY OF WATER roundtable reading
Lark Play Development Center, New York City
presents a roundtable reading of
THE WAY OF WATER
a new play by Caridad Svich
directed by Jose Zayas
dramaturg: Heather Helinsky
February 16, 2012 at 2 PM.
This reading is by invitation only,
and not open to the general public.
The Way of Water is a play that pits the BP oil spill next to the lives of those affected by it. It’s a story about four people making do as best they can, living their lives, and just trying to stay afloat in the land of many compromised dreams, as the devastation of a to-this-day mostly under-reported health crisis scandal in the Gulf is played out on a human scale. It’s a play about poverty in America, rumors and truth, what is said and what gets written, and the quest for an honorable life.
The Way of Water was developed at the Winter Writers Retreat at the Lark Play Development Center in New York City.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
En el tiempo de las Mariposas/In the Time of the butterflies
Repertorio Espanol in NYC.
Extended until Fall 013.
More info and Tickets
- THE BREATH OF THEATRE
- May 2013 News
- Exclusive Hour Long Interview with Caridad Svich
- Link to Univ of Nebraska-Lincoln Lecture Series and my lecture on Feb 21, 2013
- my short play Elysium at 3 AM published in eleven eleven journal issue #14
- THE WAY OF WATER dates set for Wales UK presentation
- ARCHAEOLOGY OF DREAMS at UNO in Feb and March 2013
- THE TROPIC OF X premieres in Baltimore
- Gala Hispanic premieres HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS
- a poem for new year
- The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers » Playwright Spotlight: Caridad Svich on About Me
- ‘The Way of Water’ Finds Its Way in April « Works by Women on In the time of the Butterflies/En el tiempo de las mariposas
- ‘The Way of the Water’ Finds Its Way in April « Works by Women on In the time of the Butterflies/En el tiempo de las mariposas