News: Feb 16, 2012 THE WAY OF WATER roundtable reading
Lark Play Development Center, New York City
presents a roundtable reading of
THE WAY OF WATER
a new play by Caridad Svich
directed by Jose Zayas
dramaturg: Heather Helinsky
February 16, 2012 at 2 PM.
This reading is by invitation only,
and not open to the general public.
The Way of Water is a play that pits the BP oil spill next to the lives of those affected by it. It’s a story about four people making do as best they can, living their lives, and just trying to stay afloat in the land of many compromised dreams, as the devastation of a to-this-day mostly under-reported health crisis scandal in the Gulf is played out on a human scale. It’s a play about poverty in America, rumors and truth, what is said and what gets written, and the quest for an honorable life.
The Way of Water was developed at the Winter Writers Retreat at the Lark Play Development Center in New York City.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS
opens February 5, 2014 (and runs through April 2014)
at Teatro Expressivo in Pinares, Costa Rica under the direction of Jose Zayas and Jody Steiger.
THE LABYRINTH OF DESIRE
(adapted/translated from Lope de Vega)
runs April 3-11, 2014
at Fordham University in New York City under Jessi D. Hill's direction. Visit:
IN THE TIME OF THE BUTTERFLIES
(based on Julia Alvarez novel)
runs April 4-May 4th a
t Teatro Nagual in Sacramento under Richard Falcon's direction. Visit:
receives reading April 6 at 7 PM
with Sankofa Theatre in collaboration with Teatro Vista and NoPassport's 30/30 in Chicago, Ilinois at Angel Island Theater
under the direction of Kristen Johnson. Visit:
Caridad Svich's translation of
Federico Garcia Lorca's
runs April 9-13, 2014
at Nortre Dame University in Indiama under Anton Juan's direction.
More information ;
THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS
(based on the Isabel Allende novel)
continues through April 13, 2014
at Teatro Expressivo in Pinares, Costa Rica
under the direction of Jose Zayas and Jody Steiger.
JARMAN (all this maddening beauty),
inspired by life and work of queer icon Derek Jarman,
runs April 17-28, 2014 at Atlas Performing Arts Center in Washington D.C.
under John Moletress' direction as a force/collision production.
Note: There will be livestream performance on April 20th at 4 PM EST on Howlround.
receives memberfest reading on April 24 at 3 PM
at Ensemble Studio Theatre in New York City under Jose Zayas' direction.
- News: Caridad Svich interviews Daniel Jaquez for HotINK
- News: pix from ARCHIPELAGO in Uzbekistan
- News: Sneak peek of the film of THE HOUR OF ALL THINGS
- May 2014 News
- ARCHIPELAGO in Russia
- News: my short piece is part of Nuyorican Poets Cafe Theater Fest
- News: SPARK premieres this fall in Washington D.C. at Theater Alliance
- Tv announces premiere of HOUSE in Mexico City!
- essay on Svich’s PRODIGAL KISS in CONT WOMEN PLAYWRIGHTS
- April 2014 productions/readings
- The Ancient Greeks: More Sexually Accepting Than Us | Drama Lit Blog 2.0: BU School of Theatre on Iphigenia Crash Land Falls on the Neon Shell That Was Once Her Heart (a rave fable)
- Caridad Svich takes us inside The House of the Spirits - DC Theatre Scene on Bio
- The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers » Playwright Spotlight: Caridad Svich on About Me